Skip to product information
1 of 1

Quinta do Noval LBV Port 0.75 l.

Sale Sold out
Regular price €22,95 EUR
Regular price Sale price €22,95 EUR
Tax included.
Ask a question
  • Fast delivery with Marketplace partners DHL , Deutsche Post and PostNord

  • Ready pack within 24 hours after the order is confirmed


Quinta do Noval's name was first registered in the Land Registry Directorate in 1715. Today it is owned by the French insurance company AXA, which also owns a large number of castles in Bordeaux, including Château Pichon Longueville Baron. The quinta is undoubtedly one of the most famous and well-known of all quintas in the Douro Valley. This is not least because of the plot that provides the world famous Quinta do Noval Nacional.

For many port enthusiasts, Quinta do Noval is the very soul of port wine. Quinta do Noval is located in the heart of the "Cima Corgo" region, which is one of the three regions the Douro Valley is divided into. The other two are Baixo Corgo and Douro Superior. Quinta do Noval owns 210 hectares of land, of which 145 hectares are planted with vines. From the 145 hectares of vineyards, laid out like a large amphitheatre, you look down on the town of Pinhão and the Douro river.

In the dawn of time, the casks of port were transported down the river in long, narrow, flat-bottomed boats. Then the railway took over and later it was trucks that reached the port city of Villa Nova de Gaia at record speed. Port wine's journey has, however, changed significantly in recent years. Not to the consumer, but from the quintas to Villa Nova de Gaia. New technology, new buildings, better insulation and air conditioning have meant that the port wine can now not only be fermented, but also stored and bottled on site. Quinta do Noval is unique in this context and the quinta that first moved the entire winemaking up into the Douro valley. The port wines are stored in huge cellars under the vineyards, and in the new winery they mix the latest technology with century-old tradition.

The grapes are pressed by foot in large vats, and all the wines are then aged in casks from approx. 2 to 60 years, depending on the type. Pleasant care and equally careful storage contribute to achieving the beautiful quality.

Late Bottled Vintage Port, Quinta do Noval

The port wine has a deep ruby ​​red color. It has a good structure and the fruit is very elegant and pure. Dark berries and spices characterize the port wine, which has a soft and silky taste, with a solid tannin and a long harmonious finish.

The port wine can be recommended for dessert and cheese.

Year: 2015.

District: Douro Valley.

Grape varieties: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz and Tinto Cão. 70% of the grapes come from Quinta do Noval's own vineyards. The remaining 30% comes from specially selected winegrowers.

Ageing: The port wine is aged for 4 years in large oak casks in Noval's cellars before being bottled.

Quinta do Noval LBV Port 0.75 l.
  • €22,95